Thursday, August 5, 2010

Is this ok?

This is kinda a bunch of thoughts put together in one blog, but I think I can sum it up in: "Is this ok?"

I know some people say that a person has to dream to survive, to have dreams for the future; but can I just try to live in today? Is it ok that I don't dream of tomorrow?
The future scares me because I don't know what's out there. My life could go in several directions: many that don't look promising, and some others that do; but non are certain. And my past: painful. But today is a beautiful day full of hope and promise and love. I want to learn to love and respect people the way I want to be...some call that the 'golden rule' "treat others the way you want to be treated"...but that just seems to be the way life should be.
No matter what tomorrow brings, when others look at my life, I hope they can say that I was one who loved I want to be know for love, a love that doesn't depend on who they are, where they are from, or what mess they find themselves in, or what their past is like; that no matter what, they know that they are loved
In the church, I grew up hearing things like "smile, you may be the only Jesus the people around you may see today"; but doesn't life go beyond church? What if the saying was changed to "smile, you may be the only hope people around you may see today"? There are/have be many in my life that have been just that to me: hope. Hope that every person in the world isn't hateful and cruel. These different people came into my life at times that I needed hope that life was worth living, or that despite the rumors...I'm not a cancer to the planet, or that I will past my psychology test and go on to graduate, or that my addictions won't kill me. So what if, just by a smile or something, we can bring this same hope to others? Is that ok?

No comments: