Ok so for most of you if you are my friends on Facebook, this is old news to you. But here is my chance to expound on it. I received a text at 2:30 this morning (not when it was sent, but it was when I got it), asking me what it was that I did...and at 2 a.m. I couldn't remember. But this very early morning question got me thinking. "Do my friends know, what it is I am excited about?"; and given the person who sent the text was who I consider my best friend and probably the closest thing to a sister I have ever had, I concluded no.
SO...Explanation time. (that sounded WAY too hyper in my head)
If you remember from my previous blog, this little nugget of information concerning why I am excited was nestled nicely in the middle. For those of you who are like me on most days, that information is that I actually made it to 4 months without hurting myself. Monday, I didn't think I was going to make it, and even yesterday morning I wasn't sure; but I did it. I won't consider it official until June when I make it to a year, but given my birthday day next week there are some reasons to be excited about this 4 month goal. 1. It's 4 months of trying to grieve in a healthy way after I lost someone super dear to me 2. It's 4 months of trying to show myself that I have value even if others, and those I wish would see it, don't And 3. If I make it to my birthday (so 4 months and a week), I will turn 24 without it, meaning (hopefully) that the pain stops at 13 years. Again this last point will not be official until I make it to June (I still have to make it through the holidays), but...I think I might be seeing the first glimpses of hope to be free of this returning to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment