OK, so I have had one incredible day today. It started pretty average, get up and get ready for the day, and go to have coffee chill with my friend Kirstyn. And that is where my life and my day got super amazing, emotional, and over all exciting. During our hang time I ask K what her plans for the day were, and from that came a story that touched my heart greatly (to the point of tears in fact). The story is kinda hard to explain on here, my friend needed to apologize to a bunch of people because basically she didn't' show them a very good picture of Jesus and love.
Hearing the story completely blew me away. I never imagined that a Christian would apologize for doing or saying something that hurt another personeven though the Christian and the other person doesn't agree.
Later in the conversation, I told K some things about my life recently (that I still can't believe happened); and I was honestly expecting her to tell me how wrong I was and stuff; but instead she just said that she loved me and would still love me no matter what. And again I sat in shock, not believing what I knew was happening.
Now to my point. Real Christianity shouldn't be about right and wrong necessarily. It shouldn't be based on whether or not you and I agree on what we say or do. It should be based on love and respect and justice for all people no matter what issue or struggle they may be dealing with; and leave the right and wrong and fixing if necessary up to God. I'm pretty sure He does know what He is doing and how to do it. We are just supposed to love those He brings into our lives. Too many people have been hurt and even died because of our inability to see past our own prejudices and biases and just love people for who they are at the moment while believing/praying/hoping (whatever word you choose to use) that God will work on them, change them, not change them according to His plan, timing and will. The pain caused by condemnation, no matter the issue or topic, needs to stop. And in my opinion Christians (the real ones that REALLY try to live in such a way as to show the love of Christ) should be the ones leading this fight against condemnation, and bullying, and discrimination. Wouldn't that be what Jesus would do if he was here? He did spend his time with those who in that time would be what I would call "Church outcasts" or what the religious people of the time called "sinners". Jesus HUNG OUT WITH the thieves, prostitutes, the broken, abused, bullied, and hurting. And if we who call ourselves "Christians" aka "Christ-followers" are ourselves pushing away (or ignoring) the broken, abused, bullied, and hurting because they are "sinners" or because we think their "sin" is somehow worse than ours or something, I don't see how we are anything like Christ and from that shouldn't be allowed to call ourselves Christ-followers.
So as my friend asked me, I will ask you "how will you show love today? Who can/will you love today?"
No comments:
Post a Comment