Saturday, October 31, 2009

Reflection

I was flipping through the channels tonight and I came accross a taped concert of Rebecca St. James. While watching it, I realized how much has changed in my life. I still love her music, and I love the message of God's unconditional love and forgiveness, and her courage and passion to live open and real even in the face of some who would mock her for her decision and committment; but I'm no longer the girl who saw Rebecca almost as a god, and I feel disconnected in a way from the girl I was 2, 3, 4 years ago who knew every line of every song and who could be moved to tears by any one of those lines.
I'm sitting here, watching this concert thinking/asking what it was that drew me like a magnet to Rebecca. Most of it probably was the Rock music that broke into my world of hymn and southern gospel....but part of me thinks has to do with more. Like, at 14...Rebecca was the coolest thing on earth. She rocked (obviously), she was honest and real with the audience, and she was beautiful (maybe had a small crush?)...at the time, she seemed like the vision of whaat I wanted in a perfect big sister.

Ok so this was all random, but have a good evening.

No comments: