Mark is trying to do a research report on eating disorders, and I thought I could help him with information and such. But he keeps asking me to describe what's going on with eating disorders and what all the "pro-eating disorder" websites and things are about and talk about. And I am trying to help him, but he doesn't get it so I try explaining it in a different way. Well, the long and the short of it all is that the more questions he asks me, the more it triggers that mindset...because as I am explaining as best I can, I inevitably start thinking about what is on the sites I have been and just the mental processes of those of us with food issues and with those thoughts come triggers to treat food badly. So I try to look up news articles for him to read (as to kinda protect myself from direct contact), but there comes a few problems with helping him by looking up news on the issue. 1.....Well, not just news sites come up. and 2, Mark doesn't understand what he reads on the sites so that just leads me back to the beginning of explaining and the circle continues.
And I don't why but tonight is particularly more difficult and is more triggering.
No comments:
Post a Comment