For months, I have thought that all my dreams I once had had been lost to me. But yesterday, as I watched the movie letters to Juliet as well as while I watched bicentennial man tonight, I realized that I still cling tightly to one dream. A dream that I am not all too sure will have the chance of coming true.
I dream of falling in love and to have that love reciprocated. All my life, I've been afraid to become close, or too close, emotionally to anyone because I know in my heart that I will loose them....one way or the other. But to fall in love, to love and be loved by someone; I would gladly accept the pain of loosing them because I would at least have the comfort that I had possessed their love.
That is my dream....to find someone who I would cross oceans for, for whom I could give my all to and not fear being rejected or receiving no love in return. I want to find someone who I can cuddle close to on winter nights, someone I can write poems for, or to sing stupid songs to just so that I can see them smile. To find someone who I could sit in silence for hours with and be completely happy.
This is the survivor of finding reality in my life. This is the hope I felt for the future but for which I couldn't define, to say what I was hoping for.
No comments:
Post a Comment