Monday, February 21, 2011
Born This Way
I was listening to this song while taking Stella to school today, because I needed the dance music to wake up...but I started listening to the lyrics (which I absolutely love) and started thinking; and more specifically about a few select lines in the song.
"Don't hide yourself in regret, Just love yourself and you're set"
All my life I have worn a mask of one variety or another; and in some areas I still do because I don't want to upset anyone or because I'm afraid that the person I am inside is bad and will scare others off. But it's ok to love me, despite how I feel a lot of times, I'm not bad or evil, I'm not cruel, I'm loving and compassionate, I'm good.
"In the religion of the insecure I must be myself, respect my youth"
Again I can't hide forever, I have to be me; I can't be everything everyone wants me to be. And I have to stop fighting the way I was brought up, maybe it doesn't have to be an either or situation. I was raised to believe in God and all these things, its ok that that was in my past. Just because I am not the girl my dad thought I would be, doesn't mean I have to give up on the things I learned; it made me who I am.
"Mi amore vole fe yah"
Translation "MY love needs faith", when I heard this all I really thought was "to love me I need to believe in me." The one thing that has stuck with me from things Dale told me was basically the idea that I'm worth believing in; and I hope one day that I can believe in myself as much as he seemed to.
"I was born to survive....I was born to be brave"
I have been through a lot in my life. A lot of pain and several scary situations; but I have come through those. I am strong enough to survive and be brave, I can take life as it comes and be ok.
On a somewhat different note:
This past week has changed my life, and last night it really hit me. And you know what? It's kind of exciting. I still don't know exactly how to explain this feeling or all the thoughts; but I'm glad last week happened. I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment